- See how your business compares to your competitors
- Understand more about how the rest of your industry works
- Analyse the key performance indicators in your industry
Equipped with this information, we’ll work with you to develop action strategies that improve your bottom line.
We will discuss your requirements with you and provide information relevant to your particular situation, as well as constructive advice, on a regular basis.
Let our experienced team explore the best financing options with you an get your business closer to its goals!
- Processing wages
- Paying creditors and processing payments
- Collecting and banking debts
- Various secretarial tasks
Choosing the right system for your business can be difficult. After all, there are over sixty accounting packages available in New Zealand. Here at Business One Limited we invest considerable resources into ongoing staff training to ensure we can recommend the best accounting solution for your business.
Budgeting & Cashflow Forecasting
The techniques we utilize in the formation of financial projections will allow you to consider future scenarios and give you goals to strive for in your business.
In addition to goal setting value, budgets will often improve your chances of acquiring funding as financers often require forecasts as a prerequisite for funding approval. Cashflow forecasting is a vital part of ensuring that your business will always have the cash it needs, because profits don’t pay bills – cash does.
There are many types of budgets and we can help you design the right budget for your needs and requirements. Let us show you how a budget and a cashflow forecast are able to provide feedback to allow you to prepare for the future of your business.
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business — Sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- Prepare a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Complete any registration procedures with Companies Office, Inland Revenue, or Customs and Excise
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
Let us help you turn your business idea into a reality!
We are practiced in acting as a sounding board for management, bringing years of experience in business growth to the relationship. Our professional consultants identify the key performance indicators in your business and help you bring about the required changes.
We check your business is as competitive, focused, and profitable as it can be, then offer flexible strategies designed to address the issues affecting your business.
Let us give your business a health check! Take the practical advice we can provide and ensure the ongoing success of your venture.
We can relieve you of this burden by providing a comprehensive, confidential payroll service that includes:
- Customised payslips
- Administration of PAYE, statutory sick pay, and annual leave
- IR-filing to the IRD
- Summaries and analyses of staff costs
- Administration of incentive schemes, bonuses, and termination payments
Your strategic plan will:
- Define the characteristics of your company in three to five years
- Identify your competitors
- Define your objectives and financial goals
- Include an effective implementation strategy to achieve your goals
Acquisitions and Mergers
Whether you are considering buying a business or merging with another business, we have the experience and expertise required. Are you getting a good deal? Is the business right for you? Can you afford it? Have all avenues for future growth been investigated? We ask the right questions and find the necessary answers.
The services we provide incorporate every stage of the process — From identifying potential acquisitions and negotiating the commercial elements of the transaction to forecasting the future of the business. Our services include:
- A review of your goals and objectives
- Due diligence services
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Advice on potential pitfalls and rewards involved in a merger
- Assistance with purchase negotiations
- Advice on financing
- Assistance with preparing a business plan
Drawing on the skills of professionals reduces your chances of purchasing an unsuitable business. Let Business One Limited show you how our experience can save you stress and provide you with the great opportunity a business acquisition or merger can be!
Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing annual returns on your behalf
- Preparing all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintaining statutory books
- Assistance with changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Share transfers
- Registered office facility
Please contact us for further information on how we can help you get back to running your business.
Our services include:
- Farm budgeting and cash flows
- Farm sales and purchases
- Ownership structures
- Preparation of financial statements
- Succession planning
- Registration queries
- Preparing GST returns
- Filing and adjusting GST returns
- IRD audit assistance
- Specialist events involving GST — Eg sale or purchase of property
I.T. / Cloud Accounting
Here at Business One Limited we have embraced computerised systems, ensuring our trained, experienced professionals can:
- Discuss the best system to further your business
- Install and configure software to suit your purposes
- Recommend processes to make your computer system more secure
- Suggest accounting software applications suitable for your business
- Train clients to be self-sufficient users of a range of software applications
- Offer advice on electronic banking
Whether you are thinking about obtaining new computer hardware, or looking at completely changing your business systems, our team is willing and able to assist you.
- Advice on purchasing a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance on tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
The importance of forecasts in making a residential investment cannot be emphasised enough. We can provide you with forecasts for:
- Revenue returns
- Financial position
- Potential growth
Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you in the business of rental properties!
Selling a Business
The services we provide for preparing to sell a business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Liaising with agents and purchasers representatives
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
Our friendly, professional staff can help you obtain a maximum return for your business.
We can assist with:
- Attending to the special requirements involved in reporting for trusts
- Trust administration
- Minute-keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Income distribution
Contact us today to ensure your trust is formed and administered as effectively as possible, covering all legal requirements!
- Promoting education
- Poverty relief
- Promoting religion
- Miscellaneous benefit to the community
A charitable trust, as registered by the Charities Register, gains tax benefits when approved by the IRD. These tax breaks include the absence of tax on income earned by the trust.
At Business One Limited we understand the practicalities of charitable trusts. Our experience in this area enables us to assist you with setting up a trust and using the trust in the most effective way to reach your charitable goals.
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the process of providing for business continuity.
The executor and trustee of a will is required to perform a number of duties. At Business One Limited we are experienced in estate planning.
The areas of estate administration we can assist with include:
- Meeting to discuss objectives for your estate
- Confirming assets — Valuations, inventories, and appraisals
- Liaising with Solicitors
- Protecting the assets
- Paying taxes and debts
- Estate distribution
- Employment Relations:
- Advice on employment agreements, employment legislation, and employee policies and procedures
- Support in administering the payroll
- Advice on remuneration levels
- Guidance with incentive and bonus schemes
The friendly team at Business One Limited can help you answer these questions and plan for the relaxing retirement you’ve earned.
Contact us for more information on forming a plan that facilitates a hassle-free continuation of your business!
Taxation can be a major cost to your business. We will work with you to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives. We provide a complete service of assistance and advice in each of these areas:
- Preparing personal and company tax returns
- Advice on tax payments
- GST/FBT/ACC obligations
- Advice on, and implementation of, tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Managing any IRD audits or disputes
We can give you an indication of business value based on simple guidelines and formulae to determine the value of your business or property.
Choose Business One Limited for a professional, accurate valuation service!