Have you ever wondered how your business performs compared to your competitors? What is their average bottom line? Are you spending enough on advertising? Are you paying too much rent? Are your staff costs too high? Surviving in today’s business climate requires you to spend more time working on your business rather than in it. We can provide you with accurate, timely, informative benchmarking reports that enable you to:
- See how your business compares to your competitors
- Understand more about how the rest of your industry works
- Analyse the key performance indicators in your industry
Equipped with this information, we’ll work with you to develop action strategies that improve your bottom line.
Modern business demands up-to-date, accurate financial information. We can relieve you and your staff of the enormous burden of all your bookkeeping and accounting requirements, including the preparation of your annual accounts and periodic management accounts for tax, business appraisal, planning purposes, and more.
We will discuss your requirements with you and provide information relevant to your particular situation, as well as constructive advice, on a regular basis.
A wide range of financing options exist, each with their pros and cons. At Business One Limited we know the financial market and have the experience to assist you in securing the best financing option for your personal and business goals. Our experience in the market means we can also structure debt upon acquisition to maximise tax advantages.
Let our experienced team explore the best financing options with you an get your business closer to its goals!
Here at Business One Limited we understand that day-to-day office duties are not everyone’s cup of tea. We are happy to help you out with some or all of these services:
- Processing wages
- Paying creditors and processing payments
- Collecting and banking debts
- Various secretarial tasks
Let us help you make the right choice of accounting software. A decent accounting system will help you keep track of your cash flow and let you complete GST returns easily.
Choosing the right system for your business can be difficult. After all, there are over sixty accounting packages available in New Zealand. Here at Business One Limited we invest considerable resources into ongoing staff training to ensure we can recommend the best accounting solution for your business.
Budgeting & Cashflow Forecasting
A good budget is a necessity in a good business plan. It is one of the best business tools we have, allowing us to set financial targets and measure our performance.
The techniques we utilize in the formation of financial projections will allow you to consider future scenarios and give you goals to strive for in your business.
In addition to goal setting value, budgets will often improve your chances of acquiring funding as financers often require forecasts as a prerequisite for funding approval. Cashflow forecasting is a vital part of ensuring that your business will always have the cash it needs, because profits don’t pay bills – cash does.
There are many types of budgets and we can help you design the right budget for your needs and requirements. Let us show you how a budget and a cashflow forecast are able to provide feedback to allow you to prepare for the future of your business.
If you have a good idea for a new business venture but don’t have expertise in the legal or financial aspects, we can help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business — Sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- Prepare a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Complete any registration procedures with Companies Office, Inland Revenue, or Customs and Excise
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
Let us help you turn your business idea into a reality!
We aim to ensure your business achieves the potential it is capable of. We have the know-how and experience to offer advice that helps you run your business more effectively.
We are practiced in acting as a sounding board for management, bringing years of experience in business growth to the relationship. Our professional consultants identify the key performance indicators in your business and help you bring about the required changes.
We check your business is as competitive, focused, and profitable as it can be, then offer flexible strategies designed to address the issues affecting your business.
Let us give your business a health check! Take the practical advice we can provide and ensure the ongoing success of your venture.
Administering your payroll can be time-consuming and divert you from your core business activities. Added to this, payroll and employment legislation are growing increasingly complex.
We can relieve you of this burden by providing a comprehensive, confidential payroll service that includes:
- Customised payslips
- Administration of PAYE, statutory sick pay, and annual leave
- IR-filing to the IRD
- Summaries and analyses of staff costs
- Administration of incentive schemes, bonuses, and termination payments
The pressures of daily business can often mean strategic planning takes a back seat, but to have a successful business, it is vital to plan ahead. We’ll help you establish a strategic plan that examines where you want your business to be in the next 3-5 years and exactly how you and your team can achieve these aims and objectives.
Your strategic plan will:
- Define the characteristics of your company in three to five years
- Identify your competitors
- Define your objectives and financial goals
- Include an effective implementation strategy to achieve your goals
Acquisitions and Mergers
There are several scenarios where you might wish to attain a business enterprise. Whatever the situation, Business One Limited can remove the stress from the process and maximise the opportunity for you.
Whether you are considering buying a business or merging with another business, we have the experience and expertise required. Are you getting a good deal? Is the business right for you? Can you afford it? Have all avenues for future growth been investigated? We ask the right questions and find the necessary answers.
The services we provide incorporate every stage of the process — From identifying potential acquisitions and negotiating the commercial elements of the transaction to forecasting the future of the business. Our services include:
- A review of your goals and objectives
- Due diligence services
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Advice on potential pitfalls and rewards involved in a merger
- Assistance with purchase negotiations
- Advice on financing
- Assistance with preparing a business plan
Drawing on the skills of professionals reduces your chances of purchasing an unsuitable business. Let Business One Limited show you how our experience can save you stress and provide you with the great opportunity a business acquisition or merger can be!
Company legislation requires businesses to perform several administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you comply with the 1993 Companies Act. The potential threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take. At Business One Limited we can relieve you of this burden.
Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing annual returns on your behalf
- Preparing all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintaining statutory books
- Assistance with changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Share transfers
- Registered office facility
Please contact us for further information on how we can help you get back to running your business.
Farm accounting involves specific business, financial, and taxation issues, and a specialist understanding of the industry. At Business One Limited we keep abreast of the developments in both the farming and accounting industries, ensuring we are uniquely placed to provide up-to-date, accurate advice.
Our services include:
- Farm budgeting and cash flows
- Farm sales and purchases
- Ownership structures
- Preparation of financial statements
- Succession planning
GST legislation is an area we know like the back of our hand. We can offer accurate, timely assistance in several areas, including:
- Registration queries
- Preparing GST returns
- Filing and adjusting GST returns
- IRD audit assistance
- Specialist events involving GST — Eg sale or purchase of property
I.T. / Cloud Accounting
We live in a computerised age where technology enables us to enhance a wide variety of business processes. Use software and hardware effectively can provide enormous benefit to your business.
Here at Business One Limited we have embraced computerised systems, ensuring our trained, experienced professionals can:
- Discuss the best system to further your business
- Install and configure software to suit your purposes
- Recommend processes to make your computer system more secure
- Suggest accounting software applications suitable for your business
- Train clients to be self-sufficient users of a range of software applications
- Offer advice on electronic banking
Whether you are thinking about obtaining new computer hardware, or looking at completely changing your business systems, our team is willing and able to assist you.
At Business One Limited we have the expertise required to assist you in a variety of areas relating to residential and commercial property. The services we offer our include:
- Advice on purchasing a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance on tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
The importance of forecasts in making a residential investment cannot be emphasised enough. We can provide you with forecasts for:
- Revenue returns
- Financial position
- Potential growth
Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you in the business of rental properties!
Selling a Business
Selling a business can be a difficult, disheartening time, and the tasks involved can seem particularly arduous. At Business One Limited we remove the stress from the process.
The services we provide for preparing to sell a business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Liaising with agents and purchasers representatives
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
Our friendly, professional staff can help you obtain a maximum return for your business.
A trust provides a valuable way of protecting the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others. Our extensive experience with trusts enables us to offer specialist advice on trust formation and ensures all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in trust administration can prove invaluable.
We can assist with:
- Attending to the special requirements involved in reporting for trusts
- Trust administration
- Minute-keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Income distribution
Contact us today to ensure your trust is formed and administered as effectively as possible, covering all legal requirements!
Charitable trusts are set up to hold money or assets and carry out activities for the benefit of the community. They can be formed for the purpose of:
- Promoting education
- Poverty relief
- Promoting religion
- Miscellaneous benefit to the community
A charitable trust, as registered by the Charities Register, gains tax benefits when approved by the IRD. These tax breaks include the absence of tax on income earned by the trust.
At Business One Limited we understand the practicalities of charitable trusts. Our experience in this area enables us to assist you with setting up a trust and using the trust in the most effective way to reach your charitable goals.
As unpleasant as the task is, estate planning is one of the necessities of life. Knowing your hard-earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose provides peace of mind.
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the process of providing for business continuity.
The executor and trustee of a will is required to perform a number of duties. At Business One Limited we are experienced in estate planning.
The areas of estate administration we can assist with include:
- Meeting to discuss objectives for your estate
- Confirming assets — Valuations, inventories, and appraisals
- Liaising with Solicitors
- Protecting the assets
- Paying taxes and debts
- Estate distribution
The rules for FBT payments change on a regular basis. At Business One Limited we keep up to date with the latest tax trends, enabling us to provide accurate advice on preparing FBT returns. We can also advise on the FBT consequences of proposals you intend to make, ensuring you make informed decisions.
We can advise on common HR issues and assist in the following areas:
- Employment Relations:
- Advice on employment agreements, employment legislation, and employee policies and procedures
- Support in administering the payroll
- Advice on remuneration levels
- Guidance with incentive and bonus schemes
Achieving a comfortable retirement requires forward planning. You need to consider when you will retire, how much income you need for the retirement you desire, how to acquire that income, what role the government will play, and more.
The friendly team at Business One Limited can help you answer these questions and plan for the relaxing retirement you’ve earned.
To ensure the long-term success of your business, it is critical to establish a well-designed succession plan. Coordinating the transition of your business to your successors can be an arduous process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of business continuation, removing the stress from your shoulders.
Contact us for more information on forming a plan that facilitates a hassle-free continuation of your business!
At Business One Limited we offer a full range of taxation services offering advice based on proven knowledge and experience. Our proactive approach ensures we deliver consistent service and build solid relationships that stand the test of time.
Taxation can be a major cost to your business. We will work with you to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives. We provide a complete service of assistance and advice in each of these areas:
- Preparing personal and company tax returns
- Advice on tax payments
- GST/FBT/ACC obligations
- Advice on, and implementation of, tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Managing any IRD audits or disputes
Am I getting the best price for the sale of my business? Is the asking price too much? An independent valuation provides you with answers to the questions you often need to ask about the value of a business or property.
We can give you an indication of business value based on simple guidelines and formulae to determine the value of your business or property.
Choose Business One Limited for a professional, accurate valuation service!